Sell a Business
We are experts at selling businesses & we can help you get it right
You’ve reached this page because you are probably considering selling your business. The Summit Group recognizes that selling your business may be the most important business decision that you make in your lifetime. Most likely, your business represents a major part of your life. Your family would have depended on it and probably worked for it at some point. It is how you provided for your home and financed your vacations and recreational activities.
Selling your business will be unlike the day-to-day activities of running your business. It requires a whole new set of business tools. Selling your business is final, and it is your only opportunity to put a value on the years of hard work. It is critical to get it right the first time.
Before you sell your business, you need to answer the following questions:
- Am I ready to sell?
- Is my business ready to sell?
- What do I want to do after I sell my business?
- How much money do I need to get out of my business in order to retire?
- Who would want to buy my business?
- Are there any skeletons in the closet that I should take care of?
- Are there existing employees or family members who want to buy my business? Do they have the knowledge and expertise?
- Have I obtained the necessary tax advice?
- Do my financial statements reflect the true value of my business or are they prepared primarily to reduce income taxes?
- Do I have assets in my business that are actually personal assets?
- Do I have hidden assets in my business?
- Do I know how to sell my business?
You need to have answers to all of these questions (and more) before you are in a position to sell your business.
The Summit Group can help you answer these questions. Call us for a free no obligation consultation.